Core Surgery Interview Course Overview
Here at Core Surgery Interview we understand that the best way to succeed at the CST interview is with early, realistic practise. Our Core Surgery Interview Course is designed to simulate the interview experience and offer feedback and insider tips to help you ace the core surgery interviews and gain your preferred core surgery job.
Time Remaining To Book Next Course:
Core Surgery Interview Course is a focused, interview course that features keynote lectures covering the interview and tips from last year's successful candidates before testing you with realistic interview stations via online mock interviews.
For 2022 the interactive lectures and mock interviews will be delivered online to reduce travel.
Designed for foundation doctors and anyone applying for core surgery participants the course feature interactive lectures and small group teaching with mock interview cases. Places are limited to maintain a high tutor to candidate ratio.
In 2020/21 our interview course was fully booked within 7 days of opening registration. Please book early to avoid disappointment.
- Core Surgery Interview Courses OPEN
- Lectures, Cases, Notes and Personalised Feeback To Give You Everything You Need To Get Your CST Job
- Register Securely via Stripe
Core Surgery Interview Course Programme
Our Core Surgery Interview Course is held in December and January to give you plenty of time to act on feedback, improve your portfolio and enhance your interview technique.
The course simulates the real interviews and provides you with personalised feedback and comprehensive lectures. For 2022 the course will be held virtually with online lectures and online mock interviews.
✗ Feedback from SpRs, current CTs and peers
✗ Scenarios and past questions covering common topics
✗ Communication skills tutors
✗ Small groups to maximise questions covered
✗ Pre-Course CV Analysis
✗ Personalised feedback to highlight areas for improvement
✗ Critique from the highest scoring candidates from previous years
✗ Evidence-based clinical management
✗ Common topics and themes covered
✗ Complete guide to improving interview skills
✗ Portfolio preparation in detail
✗ Key papers, resources and syllabus for effective preparation
✗ Top tips from last year's successful candidates
Core Surgery Interview Course Timetable
Our Core Surgery Interview Course begins at 10am and will be held online. The programme will feature interactive lectures containing the latest evidence-based clinical information and the latest tips on how to excel at the online interviews.
See What Our Past Course Attendees Thought
We reviewed over 5000 core surgical CVs and applications, interviewed over 2000 successful candidates and always love hearing how the candidates that we have coached have not only got a job but have secured their top ranked job in their hospital and city of choice for core surgical training.
- The course was fantastic and I found it very useful indeed. I ended up being ranked 3rd in Northern Ireland and getting my first choice job.Robbie, Northern Ireland, UK
- I went on a few CST courses and this was without a doubt the most useful and best value for money. I’ll definitley recommend it to next year’s applicantsSophie, Severn Deanery, UK
- The personalised feedback I received on both my CV and interview technique was invaluable. I felt really well-prepared on the day of the interview and got the job I wanted in LondonSimon, Wessex Deanery, UK
- I can’t recommend your course enough. Thank you for answering all my questions and for helping me get full marks in the clinical station and my first choice jobJack, Peninsula Deanery, UK
- Your course is definitely the best available and one of the best uses of my study budget as I got my first choice job in LondonAndrew, North Central Thames Deanery, UK
- You guys are awesome! I went on the course and used the question bank and ranked 1st for core surgery! Thank you again.Katy, Severn Deanery, UK